Leading and Protecting your Team – 3 Things You NEED to Know
Imagine receiving this phone call:
“You have 48 hours to prep your team to move from being co-located to exclusively virtual. Official air and local travel bans will be in place starting in 48 hours and we don’t know how long this will last.”
Have you recently received a phone call or directive similar to this? If so, please share your story via email to email@example.com. We may feature your story in our next blog post!!
As a leading global training and services company we have answered the following questions (and many more) just recently. Read on……
- How do I best communicate this new travel restriction information to my team members?
- How do I lead a team that is accustomed to seeing each other every day in-person to a team that is strictly virtual?
- I don’t even have a webcam. I wonder if my team members have webcams.
- I don’t know if my team members have internet access in their remote locations. I wonder if they even know.
- Does my company subscribe to a virtual collaboration platform?
- Who do I contact to find out if we have remote log ins?
- How do I train my team members to communicate virtually?
- What if my team members want to travel to another country that seems safer? How do I manage across time zones?
- How do I manage the panic that is likely to ensue after this announcement
- What is the proper way to communicate this information to our current clients and customers
- How will call centers continue to support us if their workforce is shifting from in-person to virtual
- How will network support be affected
- What if we cannot gain access to the internet
- How will I know if my employees are really working if I cannot see them
- How do I plan for additional IT helpdesk support?
Cure Pandemic Panic; contact Everything Webinar for precise prescription planning!
The first THREE things you need to know to lead your team through this potential emergency are:
- Don’t PANIC! If you are the leader of this team, please keep your cool. If you are panicked about the situation, your team will automatically panic as well. You are their leader; they take their cues from you. Take a deep breath, consult an expert webinar team and begin drafting a plan that suits the unique needs of your team.
- Schedule your first virtual TEAM meeting to occur after the initial 48 hours of shuffling. Be prepared to discuss specific details of your plan to transition from co-located to strictly virtual. If you need support communicating the information to your teams, we are here to support you!
- Continue with any previously scheduled meetings, coaching sessions, conference calls, training sessions, company roll outs, etc. All meetings previously scheduled in-person can be easily adapted to the virtual environment.
Watch this video to better understand Coronavirus
At Everything Webinar we have the skills, knowledge and talent to support you and your teams in any situation. We have helped many other teams transition through similar emergency situations as far back as 2009 during the last pandemic.
Always feel free to reach out to info@everythingwebinar to schedule a coaching session, training program and further explore your training options, or follow us at: