Webinars are on the rise so here is the the best way to train others
The use of webinars has proven to be one of the most effective means of training across multiple audience types
There are many different types of training used by many authors, instructors and teachers.
There is an old Chinese proverb that goes something like this. “Tell me and I will forget. Show me I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.” This is the best way to articulate the differences in how people will learn in the fastest way that really sticks. For them!
Commonly agreed to by learning experts there are three different learning styles:
Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic
This posting will address each of these in brief and go over the specifics of where they are typically used. In later posts I thought I would elaborate on what I have experienced in my life as the best ways to train others.
Material is presented in a visual format and is the best learning style for some
Material is presented in an auditory manner and is the best learning style for some
Material is presented in a manner that the student experiences the material in such a way that they can use their hands and get involved with the concepts being taught.
Generally agreed by experts in the training field one of these is more easily identifiable as the primary means of learning a concept.
There are many different technologies used to convey the instructional message.
– PC Based programs, run on your laptop or desktop computer
– Interactive multimedia, using a DVD on your computer
– Interactive video
– Web based training commonly known as ‘Webinars’ (web based seminars)
Simulators such as Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality
– Virtual reality systems created for interactive equipment training
– AR Headsets (such as Microsoft Hololens, or Realwear HMT-1
On the job training
– Using actual situations on the job to learn
Coaching or mentoring
– Being coached or mentored by some industry expert or consultant
– Such as in lecture halls, seminars, colleges, etc.
– Generally used to convey knowledge from instructor teaching many similar people with discussions
– Used for situational circumstance training with roles such as sales training, etc.
– Simulate real life scenarios faced in the workplace and generally used for team building exercises
– Generally used for developing teamwork skills
Films and Videos
– Usually geared toward specific goals or objectives
– Generally used for situational training to management positions (white collar jobs)
Each of these methods has its strengths, weaknesses and best target audience to get the best results. Not every method gets great results with every audience. The technologies used for training any given audience type will change as time moves forward and new methodologies evolve. One of the most popular methods to convey information to an audience for training purposes has been using webinars.
The use of webinars has proven to be one of the most effective means of training across multiple audience types.
In future posts we will explore the various methods in detail to help others determine the best for their own needs.
If you need help and support with your Webinar or Virtual Meeting Training do get in touch, we would love to help!